22 Jun 2021

Supporting cast by Kit de Waal

If you fancy a collection of amazing short stories set in the present world, then I would thoroughly recommend this book.


This is a series of short stories by the author of My name is Leon. If you haven’t read My name is Leon then you really should! However, it is possible to enjoy these stories without knowing the background to the characters. Many of the stories are about people from that book including Leon’s mum, Leon‘s dad, his brother Jake’s adoptive Mum and I’m sure others which I have forgotten about. I suspect there are characters in there from her other books as well. As is often the case with short stories, each one gives a snapshot of the person’s life and you are always left wanting to know more! A good collection from an amazing author.


Mrs Godden